Division for Manufacturing Process Planning
dr hab.inż. Jan Duda, prof. PK
tel. (48 12) 628 32 84
Research and education profile
Machining process planning:
- development of theoretical basis and methodology for process planning in the integrated manufacturing and production preparation environment,
- Computer Aided Process Planning (CAPP) with the use of artificial intelligence methods,
- development of the databases of manufacturing system capabilities
- analysis of the assembly planning methods in the view of Concurrent Engineering,
- product assembleability analysis,
- assembly system design.
- analysis of the state-of the-art of factories with the value stream mapping method,
- calculation of coefficients for Lean Manufacturing,
- predictions of the future state of the factories using the Lean Manufacturing tools.
- development of theoretical basis for the description and planning of manufacturing equipment using CAD and expert systems, development of the databases,
- equipment testing, mainly modular fixtures.
- strategies for product development,
- product development modeling,
- use of PLM applications.
- development of knowledge data bases for CNC machine tool programming,
- machining feature recognition,
- development of machine tool and equipment models for program verification in digital environment.
- Technical University of Zilina
- Technical University of Kosice with seat in Presov.
Results of cooperation:
- regular conferences "CA systems and Technologies"
- Web journal „CA Systems in Production Process Planning.